Do you want to progress from the position of Teaching Assistant to that of Higher Level Teaching Assistant? If so, you will need to satisfy an external assessor that you are capable of contributing to the pupils learning at the level set out in the HLTA standards.
This distance learning course is ideal because it has been carefully mapped to those standards and will therefore be an invaluable aid in reaching the required criterion and indeed supporting the pupils, teachers and school as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
Module 1 – Communication and Positive Relationships
• Establish fair, respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationships with children and young people.
• Demonstrate the positive values, attitudes and behaviour they expect from children and young people.
• Communicate effectively and sensitively with children, young, colleagues, parents and carers.
Module 2 – Maintaining Communication with Children, Young People and Adults
• Demonstrate a commitment to collaborative and cooperative working with colleagues.
• Directing the work, where relevant, of other adults in supporting learning.
Module 3 – Curriculum, Planning and Assessment
• Know how statutory and non-statutory frameworks for the school curriculum relate to the age and ability ranges of the learners they support.
• Understand the objectives, content and intended outcomes for the learning activities in which they are involved.
• Know how to support learners in accessing the curriculum in accordance with the Special Educational Needs (SEN) code of practice and disabilities legislation.
• Know how other frameworks that support the development and wellbeing of children and young people impact upon their practice.
Module 4 – Assessment, Monitoring, Feedback and Recording
• Use their area(s) of expertise to contribute to the planning and preparation of learning activities.
• Use their area(s) of expertise to plan their role in learning activities.
• Devise clearly structured activities that interest and motivate learners and advance their learning.
• Plan how they will support the inclusion of the children and young people in the learning activities.
• Organise and manage learning activities in ways which keep learners safe.
Module 5 – Child Development
• Evidence that you know how to use ICT to support professional activities.
• Identify that you hold the required professional qualifications.
Module 6 – Motivating Children and Young People
• Advance learning when working with individuals.
• Advance learning with working with small groups.
• Advance learning when working with whole classes without the presence of the assigned teacher.
This course has been accredited by Online Academies. On successful completion of this course you will be able to download or print off a PDF of your Online Academies Certificate (please note: you will also be given the opportunity to have a hard copy of the certificate printed off and posted out to you for a small additional charge). If you would like to view a sample of the certificate, please click here.
On completion of your course you will also be able to have your certificate endorsed and accredited by TQUK for recognised CPD Hours.
Training Qualifications UK (TQUK) are an Ofqual regulated awarding body. They pride themselves on being the most agile and forward thinking awarding body in the UK. TQUK provide independent endorsement of our CPD courses giving learners assurance that their course will help them gain the necessary skills and experience in their chosen subject area.
At the conclusion of each module there is a multiple choice question assessment. This will help you remember the main points of the lesson and act as a check that you have retained the essential knowledge and understanding of that particular section. The results can be seen instantaneously and you can correct wrong answers. When the result is satisfactory you can progress to the next module.
Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course you will be awarded:
A Diploma issued by Online Academies
was very impressed, overall the course has good content, easily digestible. I love online studies as you can go as quickly or slowly as you want, online tutors to help answer any questions. I think that the units, could have better quality content, broken into easier formatted module titles. Nice comments returned on improvements and context to think in own life scenarios! They certainly give ...
I am totally satisfied with my courses. They give the flexibility of studying from home by pursuing a career at my own pace.
I was given Criminology for beginners course as a Christmas present, would never have thought of doing it myself but I have enjoyed it so much. It was so easy to do and very hard to put down. It’s like reading a good book then having a test on it. There is no pressure, no tutor hurrying you up and no time limits on the tests, just how learning should be. The written report I received after the ...
I was very pleased to undertake this course. It has motivated me to learn more about psychology. The assessments were at the right level and the final exam had useful feedback which I benefited from. The material throughout is presented clearly.
My Animal Psychology Diploma was a well written and informative course. Easy to follow and complete. Great that it can be completed in your own time, allows for day to day activities to be undertaken and study to fit in when it can.
Excellent opportunity. Highly recommended. Recognised qualifications at the end another personal achievement to add to your portfolio/CV.
I was able to complete the course at my own pace at a time that met my needs. I would and have recommended the course to my friends and I have been able to tell them about my learning experience and how my confidence grew as I progressed through the course.